This CMOS Sensors Privacy Statement only applies to personal information you have shared with the CMOS Sensors Group. This CMOS Sensors Privacy Statement does not apply to any information shared with other CUSA product groups.
CMOS Sensors Privacy Statement
Last updated: September 15, 2020
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT; COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE AND ACCESS
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND INTEREST-BASED MARKETING
- TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
- RIGHT TO MODIFY THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
- HOW TO CONTACT US
The CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) Sensors Group (“CSG,” “we,” “us” or “our”) of Canon U.S.A., Inc. (“CUSA”) respects your concerns about privacy and values its relationship with you. This CMOS Sensors privacy statement (the “Privacy Statement”) is intended to inform you of the types of information we collect from you, either online through this website, or through the products, services, solutions, software, websites, interactive features, forms, and any other goods and services offered, owned, or operated by CSG, or your interaction with our employees, agents or contractors, or subsites in relation to our CMOS sensors (“Sensors”) (collectively, the “Services”), whether accessed online via a computer, tablet, mobile device, or any other technology or device now known or hereafter developed (each a “Device”), or offline, as well as our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of that information.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT; COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We and our service providers may collect information when you provide information to us and when information is collected automatically from your interaction with the Services.
Information You Supply
Personal Information. You may choose to give us personal information online to allow us to communicate with you, process your orders, or provide you with Services. Our online forms may ask for a small amount of relevant information, such as name, company name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
The types of personal information CSG may collect from you include:
- Business contact information, such as name, postal address, phone number, email address and website;
- Other unique information such as product functionality, product and service preferences, and contact preferences;
- Geolocation data such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, physical location, and other similar location information collected when you interact with the Services;
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have inquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your inquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or applications or indirectly through use of our websites, applications or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- Information you provide to us through our service center, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
Information Collected Automatically
Usage Information. In addition to the information you may provide, CSG may collect information when you access or use the Services or a website “powered by” another company on behalf of CSG through our use of data collection technologies, including web beacons, Cookies (as defined in the following paragraph), and embedded web links. These technologies collect certain traffic information that your browser sends to a website, such as your browser type and language, browser history, access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived. They may also collect information about your IP address, unique device identifier, geolocation information, clickstream behavior (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with CSG websites or “powered by” websites) and product information. CSG may also use some of these technologies in connection with emails and communications sent from CSG and therefore may collect information using these tools when you open the email or click on a link contained in the email.
Below are some of the Cookies that are used on this website.
Hotjar Cookies. Hotjar is used to collect information on a user’s behavior. It allows us to uncover usage patterns to better cater to a user’s needs and create a better experience in future releases of the Services. If you would like to opt out of Hotjar cookies you can visit: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out.
If you would prefer not to accept Cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a Cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing Cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject any Cookies.
Please be aware that if you disable or reject Cookies, some features and services offered or present on the Services may be slower or may not work or display properly.
Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons (also called clear GIFs or pixel tags) and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Services. We also may include web beacons in email messages, newsletters and advertisements to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the Services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content and the products and services we offer through the Services.
Analytics Services. We use web analytics tools such as Google Analytics to assist us in understanding how people use the Services and related marketing and promotions. To manage your preferences with respect to Google Analytics click here. You can opt out of data collection or use by Google Analytics by clicking the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on).
Collection by Other Companies. We may allow other companies, including our authorized service providers, advertising agencies and marketing partners to use tracking technologies, such as Cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your visits to this and other websites on the Services. This information generally enables them to track and gauge the effectiveness of our Services and of various marketing campaigns and to serve ads about goods and services that may be of interest to you when you visit other websites across the Internet.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When we use your information to process your orders and provide you with Services you have requested, we do so to fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
When we use your information to respond to your requests, we do so with your consent.
- We also use the information we collect for the following legitimate interests:
- Improve the Services and the way we do business with our current and potential employees, customers, dealers, distributors and resellers;
- Communicate with you about your transactions on the Services;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Provide you with information about Canon, its Services, products and promotions, or any other offers that may be of interest to you, unless you opt out or request not to receive this information;
- Perform research and analysis about usage and potential interest in our products, services, or content;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Services;
- Help us improve the overall accuracy and completeness of the information;
- Allow us to deliver personalized and responsive Services, which can take actions based on the data you provide;
- Prevent, detect or investigate a crime or other breach of law or requirement, loss prevention or fraud;
- Support the technical functionality of the Services, develop new products and services, and analyze your use of the Services, including your interaction with advertising, products and services that are made available, linked to or offered in the Services; and
- As otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement.
3. HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We are part of the Canon family of companies and may share your information with our affiliates which may be located outside of the country you reside and are located in, including, but not limited to, CUSA’s parent company Canon Inc., located in Japan.
We may work with other companies to help “power” all or part of the Services. These companies may collect your information on our behalf. We may also share your information with certain business partners and service providers, which may be located outside of the country you reside and are located in, to enable them to perform functions and process user data on our behalf consistent with this Privacy Statement. These companies include our data analytics providers, IT service providers and Internet Site Providers. In addition, if you inquire about products, services, software or other goods that CSG does not sell directly, we may forward your information to a CSG distributor, and they may reach out to you about your needs and send marketing communications to you. In any event, we expect our service providers to use your information only to perform the service for which they are engaged, while also complying with all applicable laws, and pursuant to our instructions. You expressly consent to your information being used as set forth in this Section.
We may also share your personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law; (In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.)
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
4. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE AND ACCESS
Please note that submission of the form accessible via the link below only exercises your rights with respect to personal information you have shared with the CMOS Sensors Group.
You have the right to request us to:
- Withdraw your consent where you have provided it;
- Provide you with a copy of your personal information, to the extent that we store or maintain that information;
- Correct or update your personal information;
- Delete your personal information;
- Stop processing your personal information; or
- Restrict how we use your information, which may include:
- Opting out of marketing or promotional emails or other communications;
- Requesting that we not contact you in the future; or
- Requesting that we not share your personal information with third parties.
If you wish to access or delete your personal information, please click here to submit your request.
If you wish to make any of the other above requests (for example, if you wish to submit a request to no longer receive communications, including marketing communications, from CSG), please:
- Click unsubscribe in the email that you receive from us; or
- E-mail us at email@example.com.
Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your communication information to ensure we do not market to you in future. We may also send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements and administrative notices without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Additionally, if you are a business customer, the Business Information Communications Group of CUSA may communicate with you from time to time about certain office solutions that may be of interest to you.
We are under no obligation to store your personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information.
It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your personal information from our databases without some residual data remaining because of backups and other reasons. Additionally, please be aware that we may need to retain some of your personal information in order to maintain our records, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product or our Services) to protect us from a legal claim.
If you are a resident of the European Union and have any concerns that cannot be resolved, or that you choose not to resolve with us directly, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for the European Union member state in which you reside or are located. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
5. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have the right, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), to:
- Know the purpose for which your personal information is being collected and used;
- Access, request and receive specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you;
- Opt-out of or object to having your personal information sold to third parties; and
- Not be discriminated against by us for exercising any of these rights.
You can also request us to delete your personal information; however, please be aware that we may need to retain some of your information in order to maintain our records, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data remaining because of backups and other reasons.
To submit your CCPA request with respect to personal information you have shared with the CMOS Sensors Group, click here.
Additionally, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 gives California residents the right to request, from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party, and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding year. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by the CMOS Sensors Group pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, please contact us at the address listed below.
The CMOS Sensors Group may share your personal information with service providers that support our businesses and perform services on our behalf, such as companies that deliver email marketing messages that you have requested from us. The CMOS Sensors Group does not sell your personal information to third parties, and does not share your personal information with non-service providers.
Our U.S. visitors may have shared information with other CUSA product groups. If you are a California resident and wish to exercise your CCPA rights with respect to personal information you have shared with other CUSA product groups, click here.
6. THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND INTEREST-BASED MARKETING
Links. There are a number of places on our Services where you may click on a link to access other websites that do not operate under this Privacy Statement. For example, if you click on an advertisement, a third-party logo on the Services, or a link to the website of a company that may partner with CSG, you may be taken to a website that we do not control. These third-party platforms or websites may independently solicit and collect information, including personal information, from you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these platforms and websites and cannot guarantee the security of any user data collected there. We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit by clicking on the “privacy” link typically located at the bottom of the web page you are visiting.
Do Not Track. The CSG website is not currently configured to recognize “do not track” signals sent as a header by Internet browsers. However, other settings within your browser may permit you to block Cookies or other technology that enable websites to collect information that can be used to tailor advertisements to your interest. Please check your browser’s settings or consult your browser’s help information for more details. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
When you submit information to CSG through the Services, you should be aware that your information is transmitted across multiple computer systems on the Internet. Although we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your information, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data on the Internet is ever completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of such information at any time.
8. TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
While CUSA is a U.S. company, CSG may collect and you may provide us with information wherever you are located. The servers that process the data you provide us, and the call center you are connected to via the Services, are located in the United States, Japan and other jurisdictions. By using the Services, or providing us with any information, you understand that the collection, processing, maintenance, transfer and storage of such information will occur in the United States, Japan and other countries where the privacy laws may be different from those in the country where you reside or are located, and waive any claims relating to the collection, processing, maintenance, transfer or storage of data outside of such country.
9. RIGHT TO MODIFY THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time at our sole discretion. If we modify the Privacy Statement, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date. Changes will be effective immediately (except for material changes) upon the posting of the revised Privacy Statement on the Services. In the event we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you through the Services prior to the changes taking effect. Please note that if you do not agree to the modified Privacy Statement, you may not use the Services. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of the changes or any applicable notice period will mean that you accept those changes.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
Should you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your inquiry to CSG at Canon U.S.A., Inc. – Customer Privacy, Attention: Web Support Group, One Canon Park, Melville, New York 11747. We hope that CSG will be able to resolve any concerns you may have. However, if you are still not satisfied, you may contact your local data protection authority. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
© 2020 Canon U.S.A., Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.